According to research, the global representation of women leaders in the workplace stands at a low rate of 24%. If you are a woman who is wanting to change that statistic for the better, nothing helps more than reading some encouraging quotes by powerful women.
Your thoughts become your words, then your words become your beliefs and actions. These thoughts and feelings dictate where you believe you stand in the world.
Sometimes when you are feeling defeated, the best inspirational and encouraging quotes can help you get back on your feet and aim for the stars again.
But the problem is that most of the famous positive quotes are by successful men, not women. While there is nothing wrong with that, there is nothing better than hearing the encouraging quotes by the powerful women who you look up to.
We compiled a list of the top words of encouragement from our inspiring power sisters from around the world. Keep reading to get your daily dose of inspiration.
1. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
This very encouraging quote reminds us that the simple act of practicing gratitude can shift our mindset from scarcity to the feelings of abundance. If you start to see the beauty and abundance that surrounds you, then you will attract more of that into your life.
2. ““The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for a little love. The poverty in the West is a different kind of poverty — it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality. There’s a hunger for love, as there is a hunger for God.” – Mother Teresa
These inspirational words by Mother Teresa remind us that love is the greatest power of all. Sometimes when you are feeling overwhelmed, feel the love in your heart and move forward.
3. “When you know you are of worth, you don’t have to raise your voice, you don’t have to become rude, you don’t have to become vulgar; you just are. And you are like the sky is, as the air is, the same way water is wet. It doesn’t have to protest.” – Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou’s quote is a great reminder for us to stand tall and be proud of who we are. Do not sell yourself short. Numerous studies have discovered that women are societally driven to underestimate themselves, while men are driven to be more confident.
4. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.”- Amelia Earhart
This quote by Amelia Earhart illustrates the importance of adventure and travel. If you are feeling stuck, go outside and adventure in nature a little bit, then come back and you will feel the inspiration kick back in.
5. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” -Dolly Parton
If you are a leader that is driven for the greater good of the planet, then the world needs you, all of you.
6. “The beauty of a woman must be seen from within her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. -Audrey Hepburn
Love begins from within, you cannot love others until you truly feel the love for your own self within your heart.
7. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched, they have to be felt from the heart.” -Hellen Keller
Helen Keller, a woman who is both deaf and blind, reminds us that nothing is more important than the feeling of love.
8. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” -Maya Angelou
A successful person never gets everything right the first time, there are many mistakes involved that leads towards success. Learn from your mistakes, get back up and try again.
9. “Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.” -Oprah Winfrey
This quote by Oprah Winfrey is perhaps one of the most encouraging quotes out there. If you surround yourself with people who see the world in a negative light than eventually, you will too. Surround yourself with those who inspire you and hold you accountable to be in your highest power.
10. “Figure out who are you separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self. With that, you can do anything else.” –Angelina Jolie
This quote by Angelina Jolie finishes this list off powerfully. The most important attribute you could have is your level of self-awareness. check in with yourself and question your thoughts, are they your thoughts?
Or are they your parents, your teachers, societal pressure, or your peers?
It is your true essence that will make you a great leader, not the pressure of other people’s judgment of who you should be.
Change Your Life With More Encouraging Quotes
After reading these quotes, you are probably well on your way to making these powerful women proud. You could possibly have your own quotes on a similar list one day, you have all the power you need within you, now go out and take action on your life!
If you would like to read more uplifting quotes, check out these quotes on Gratitude.